Friday, February 18, 2011

A must-see rally film: "50 Years Sideways"


In a comment to my post two days ago, embedding two video clips of the 'best' rally crashes of 2010, reader skreidle linked to a video on YouTube: '50 Years Sideways'. It's a fascinating documentary about the past 50-odd years of rally racing. I remember many of the names it mentions from the 1970's and 1980's, when I followed motorsports rather more closely than I do now.

I won't embed it here, because it's 1½ hours long, and I'm sure you have better things to do than spend that time locked in here! However, if you're a rally enthusiast, be sure to go to YouTube and bookmark it for watching at your leisure. It's worth your time.

Thanks, skreidle, for posting the link. Very enjoyable!

Peter

EDITED TO ADD: The original link is dead, but here's another one that works (for now).

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

It's gone now... sigh...

Anonymous said...

It's back, and entirely worth watching :-)

Jim