Sunday, September 30, 2012

More on the Royal Norwegian Air Force centenary


A couple of days ago I put up a video clip about an air show held in Oslo, Norway, to celebrate the centenary of the Royal Norwegian Air Force.  Reader Mark C. e-mailed me about it.

I am an expat living in Oslo and the airshow was happening around my house all day. The waterfront is about two miles away and about 400 feet below us so we had a good vantage point. The French precision air team ended the day with a great display. The flickr link is some of the pictures I took of their performance off my front balcony.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70671914@N00/sets/72157631568879954

Sun position in relationship to the show could not have been better. Right place at the right time.


Here's one of his pictures of the performance by Patrouille de France, to whet your appetite.




There are many more at the link.  Go see them for yourself.  Many thanks, Mark, for sharing them with us!  I envy you your 'ringside seat' at the display.

Peter

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Those are great, thanks!