Sunday, January 15, 2017

Your feel-good story of the week


A man in Michigan was probably saved from death by the loyalty of his dog.

Around 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 31, the man -- identified only by his first name Bob -- was watching football when he decided to run outside and get a log for his fireplace, television station WPBN in Traverse City reported.

When he got outside, he slipped and fell, breaking his neck.

Not able to move, Bob laid in the snow for nearly 20 hours. As temperatures dropped to the mid-20s, his golden retriever, Kelsey, stayed by his side, licking his face to keep him warm.

“She kept barking for help but never left my side,” he said. “She kept me warm and alert. I knew I had to persevere through this and that it was my choice to stay alive.”

On New Year's Day, Bob's neighbor found him and called 911.

There's more at the link.

It looks as if Bob will make a full recovery - and I bet his dog is going to get a steak dinner or three out of this!

Peter

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, there is a REASON dogs are man's best friend!

SQT said...

So glad he will make a full recovery. I have always been a cat person until this year when we adopted the best dachshund in the world. I have never before experienced the unwavering loyalty a dog can show to their person. It has been, in a small way, life changing for me.

Anonymous said...

My Mom's dog woke her up and saved her life during a house fire ... for the rest of his life he got a bone ANYTIME HE WANTED ONE.