Sunday, January 16, 2011

Around the blogs


The Gregarious Loner uncovers a new (and, in my opinion, entirely appropriate) metaphor for government. Go read for a good laugh!

Les Jones brings us Jeff Bishop's perspective on Sarah Palin, and concludes:

I don’t necessarily think Sarah Palin would be a good president, but in the mean time she sure does make the right people completely lose their minds.


Instapundit agrees.



Finally, Grouchy Old Cripple introduces us to Don Surber's reaction to the hysteria still coming from the Left over the Arizona shooting incident. I liked Mr. Surber's remarks so much that I'll quote some of them here.

For a decade, from the election of Bush 43 forward, the Left has lied and cheated as it tried to return to power. Al Gore made a mockery out of the American electoral system by being a spoilsport over Florida, which Bush indeed won by 537 votes. Dan Rather forged a document to try to derail Bush’s re-election. Twice Democrats stole U.S. senators from the Republicans. After voting to support the war to get by the 2002 election, many Democrats quickly soured on the war. The profane protests were cheered by liberals who misattributed “dissent is the highest form of patriotism”to Thomas Jefferson; the words belong to the late historian Howard Zinn.

Once in power, liberals were the opposite of gracious.

For two years now, I have been called ignorant, racist, angry and violent by the left. The very foul-mouthed protesters of Bush dare to now label my words as “hate speech.”

Last week, the left quickly blamed the right for the national tragedy of a shooting spree by a madman who never watched Fox News, never listened to Rush Limbaugh and likely did not know who Sarah Palin is.

Fortunately, the American public rejected out of hand that idiotic notion that the right was responsible.

Rather than apologize, the left wants to change the tone of the political debate.

The left suddenly wants civil discourse.

Bite me.

The left wants to play games of semantics.

Bite me.

The left wants us to be civil — after being so uncivil for a decade.

Bite me.

There is grown-up work to do now.

. . .

I have been screamed at for 10 years.

It’s my turn now. I am not going to scream back. But I refuse to allow anyone to dictate what I say or how I say it. I refuse to allow the same foul-mouthed, foul-spirited foul people who dumped on me to now try to tell me what I may or may not say.

My free speech matters more than the feelings of anyone on the left. You don’t like what I say? Tough.


There's more at the link.

I don't like incivility on either side of the political aisle. I don't think it serves any purpose. However, after the almost incredible dishonesty and disingenuousness of the Left over the Giffords shooting (about which I've written twice before), I no longer think Mr. Surber's comments are out of place. In this matter at least, the Left has earned his - and our - contempt. Their hypocrisy stinks to high heaven.

Peter

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Great links, and Grouchy has it right!