Monday, February 7, 2011

Pursued by a plow!


I had to laugh at this report from Ohio.

A private snow plow driver in Stark County decided to take a break from battling icy and snow-covered parking lots and instead turned into a crime fighter.

John Shuman followed a suspected purse snatcher for 21 miles and gave 911 dispatchers a license plate and a description of the car.

Strangely, the suspect, 18-year-old Cody Bragg, also called 911, concerned about the snow plow on his tail.

"There's a guy in a snow plow and he's following me and he's scaring me," Bragg told an Alliance 911 operator. (Alliance police posted the 911 call on their website.)

. . .

The fact that Bragg called 911 is now amusing to both the victim and the good samaritan.

"Definitely dumbest criminal, for sure," Shuman said.

"It's hard to believe people are really that ignorant," Kisner said.

Bragg is being held in the Stark County Jail on $50,000 bond, charged with robbery and theft.


There's more at the link.

I guess if I saw a snowplow blade a couple of feet from my rear bumper, following me for miles, I might get nervous too - particularly if I had a guilty conscience!



Peter

No comments: