Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A musical memory of the season


I've been a fan of the Strawbs, the British folk- and progressive-rock group that got its start back in the 1960's, for as long as I can remember.  Their 1974 album 'Hero and Heroine' produced this eight-minute-plus three-part rock classic, 'Autumn'.





Imagine my pleasure when this morning, while touring around YouTube looking for something else, I found this 'unplugged' version of 'Autumn' featuring the 'acoustic Strawbs' with a special guest, John Hawken, the keyboard player from the original version.  It was recorded in September this year at the Strand Theater in Lakewood, NJ during their American tour.  I love it!





The Strawbs are still as good as ever they were . . . and in honor of the season, I couldn't resist posting this here.  Thanks for the music and the memories, guys!

Peter

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nice one, and that brings back memories... sigh

trailbee said...

That was nice. Thank you.