Tuesday, December 3, 2013

An auction I'd love to attend


It seems that Julien's Auctions in Beverley Hills, California, is holding an auction of Lord Of The Rings memorabilia on Thursday, December 5th.  It includes items from the film series that have never before been offered, such as Merry's prosthetic ears:




Arwen's boots:




and Bilbo Baggins' sword, Sting, that he later gave to Frodo:




You can see the full online catalog here (the images above were taken from its .PDF download and reduced in size to fit this blog).  Unfortunately, I can't afford even small fractions of what the auctioneers estimate the lots will sell for;  but I'd settle for the opportunity just to see them on display.  Readers in the area can do so today and tomorrow at the auction premises.  I wish I lived close enough to take a run out there . . .

Peter

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Bring LOTS of $$... sigh