Sunday, November 2, 2014

Craftsmanship


A few days ago I put up a video showing how Patek Philippe's 175th anniversary watch was made.  At over US $2.6 million, I doubt whether any of my readers will be buying one out of petty cash . . .  Be that as it may, the video displayed the exquisite craftsmanship that goes into such watches.

Here's another, shorter example of craftsmanship from Nomos Glashütte, a relative newcomer to the field of watchmaking.  View it in full-screen mode to see more of the details.





You'll find more of their videos on the company's YouTube channel.

I don't think I'd have the patience (or the dexterity) to work at such microminiature sizes . . . but I have to admit, the result is impressive - and their prices are several orders of magnitude more affordable!  (No, that's not an advertisement for them - merely an observation.)

Peter

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'm afraid I'd be a massive failure at that. I don't function without coffee, and they probably ban coffee... But nice watches!!!

drjim said...

Amazing craftsmanship on both watches.