Friday, October 16, 2015

Blue Screens of Death - they're everywhere!


I'm highly amused to find that there's a special sub-forum on Reddit highlighting very public displays of BSOD - the Blue Screen of Death, displayed when something goes catastrophically wrong with Microsoft Windows.  A couple of examples from the many listed:



A New York City subway station notification board



A giant outdoor display in Kursk, Russia (blamed on 'mallware', of course!)


There are many more at the link.  Interesting (and sometimes amusing) reading for tech geeks and those who like to see public displays of things going wrong.

Peter

4 comments:

AuricTech said...

I guess that, in the Russian photo, Windows really tanked.

Anonymous said...

It really is a shame Linux is so @#$@$#%@$#!@# expensive.

WhatIfWeAllCared? said...

Too funny!! I will be watching for this. I have a windows cell phone, which I live, but which does some pretty wonky things for no apparent reason . . yet so grateful I have yet to see it display the BSOD 😊

Anonymous said...

More telling is how deep the Microsoft 'infection' goes... :)