Saturday, December 10, 2016

Best book review of the year?


I laughed out loud at this proposed review of my latest novel, 'Stoke The Flames Higher', by my buddy in meatspace and cyberspace, aepilot_jim.




I've composed a review for this book and would like to run it past you before I put it up on Amazon. It goes as follows:

5 stars.
I have not read this book yet but based upon the front cover I can tell you that the character development was spot on and truly believable. The story arc from the first line of, "They call me Ishmael" to the denouement of the captain and the whale tied together in that brutal symbolic marriage had me engrossed and unable to put the front cover down till I'd finished it. I did find the sensitivity of the sand worms to vibrations to be a bit contrived at times though. And the unrequited sexual tension between Han and Lando Calrissian added just the right amount of levity to an otherwise hard boiled detective thriller. All in all I would definitely recommend this front cover to all my friends and enemies.

I've told him that if Amazon gave a 'Review of the Year' award, he might win it!




Peter

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

That's AWESOME!

Rolf said...

Yes, yes, that's all well and good, but did he finally explain the Klingon forehead thing?

DaddyBear said...

Ah, yes, buddies. Where would we be without them?

Old NFO said...

Yep, that's Jim-Jim... :-)