Monday, December 12, 2016

Bodybuilding as a contact sport - courtesy of Bollywood


How many of us remember that ghastly 1985 movie, 'Gymkata', which portrayed gymnasts and their equipment as a form of martial arts?  I've never forgotten how a vaulting horse somehow magically appeared in the middle of a village street, just in time for the hero (?) to use it to pulverize large quantities of heavily armed bad guys.





If you were wondering why Maxim rated Gymkata as 17th on its list of the worst movies of all time, now you have some idea!

More recently, from Bollywood, we find this somewhat similar concept:  bodybuilding equipment used as weapons.  This is from a 2015 movie, 'I', about 'a bodybuilder turned supermodel' (!).





Perhaps they should combine 'Gymkata' and 'I' in a Bollywood version of gymnastic bodybuilding superheroes?  On the other hand . . . perhaps not.

It's been a while since I put up a Bollywood fight scene.  I'll see if I can find a few more over-the-top examples to load later in the week.

Peter

5 comments:

Mike said...

Ever since watching Ed Wood's Plan 9 on late-night TV as a kid, I've had a soft spot for bad movies. They're so phenomenally and innocently bad, you can't help but love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Searching "Worst African Movie Trailers" on Youtube is an eye opener too.

libertyman said...

Hmmmm, the stuff must sell, and I imagine the audience enjoys it!

Old NFO said...

Just 'slightly' over the top... LOL

NobobyExpects said...

Gayer than a bag of butterflies, too...